1. Ji, Z., Chuen, J., Kiparaki, M. and Baker, N.E. (2021) Cell competition removes aneuploid cells from Drosophila imaginal discs based on ribosomal protein gene dose. Elife, in press
2. Quiquand, M., Rimesso, G., Qiao, N., Suo, S., Zhou, C., Slattery, M., White, K.P., Han, J.J., and Baker, N.E. (2021) New regulators of Drosophila eye development identified from temporal transcriptome changes Genetics, in press.
3. Baker, N.E. (2020) Emerging mechanisms of cell competition. Nature Reviews Genetics, 21:683-697.
4. Blanco, J., Cooper, J.C., and Baker, N.E. (2020) Roles of C/EBP class bZip proteins in the growth and cell competition of Rp (“Minute”) mutants in Drosophila (2020). Elife, 9 9:e50535.
5. Ji, Z., Kiparaki, M., Folgado, V., Kumar, A., Blanco, J. Rimesso, G., Liu, Y., Zheng, D., and Baker, N.E. (2019) Drosophila RpS12 controls translation, growth, and cell competition through Xrp1. PLoS Genetics, 15(12):e1008513.
6. Wang, L.-H. and Baker, N.E. (2019) Salvador-Warts-Hippo pathway regulates sensory organ development via caspase-dependent non-apoptotic signaling. Cell Death & Disease 10 669.
7. Li, K. and Baker, N.E. (2019) Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of extra macrochaetae during Drosophila adult peripheral neurogenesis. Dev Biol 449: 41-51.
8. Baker, N.E., Kiparaki, M., and Khan, C. (2019) A potential link between p53, cell competition and ribosomopathy in mammals and in Drosophila. Dev Biol 446: 17-19.
9. Lee, C.H., Kiparaki, M., Blanco, J., Folgado, V., Ji, Z., Kumar, A., Rimesso, G., and Baker, N.E. (2018) A regulatory response to ribosomal protein mutations controls translation, growth, and cell competition. Dev Cell, 46, 456-469.
10. Baker, N.E., and Brown, N.L. (2018) All in the family: neuronal diversity and proneural bHLH genes. Development, 145: dev159426.
11. Li, K., and Baker, N.E. (2018) Regulation of the Drosophila ID protein Extra Macrochaetae by proneural dimerization partners. Elife 7: e33967.
12. Kale, A., Ji, Z., Kiparaki, M., Rimesso, G., Flibotte, S., and Baker, N.E. (2018) Ribosomal protein S12e has a distinct function in cell competition. Dev Cell 44, 42-55.
13. Baker, N.E. (2017) Mechanisms of cell competition emerging from Drosophila studies. Curr Opin Cell Biol 48, 40-46.