Step 1: Planning
Planners must view the student activities calendar and Canvas to make sure that the desired date and time are available.
Step 2: Location & Services
A room must be requested through 25Live. Please note, some locations require that food be ordered through catering. After a confirmation of room reservation, is received, planners must contact any needed service departments, i.e., housekeeping, catering, or IT/AV, to reserve their services.
- Housekeeping: If furniture is required for the event, the planner must fill out the housekeeping form three days in advance using this form.
- IT/Audio Visual: Requests can be made on the same room request form on 25Live. Please note that you must request AV services at least two weeks the date of your event. Failure to do so may result in limited to no assistance. Because of overtime restrictions, events that need IT/AV after 7:00 p.m. must be approved by the office of Student Activities. We recommend using Belfer classrooms and Forchheimer lecture halls where the AV equipment is self-serviced at all times. Robbins and Riklis auditoriums can be used ONLY if approved by our office; an IT/AV technician must be present until the end of the event.
- Catering: Catering for your event can be ordered from campus catering by emailing James Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org (any events scheduled in Lubin Dining Hall or Faculty Dining Club are required to use campus catering) at least 5 days before your event.
If you order from campus catering you must submit your receipt using this form. You also have the option of ordering food from any neighborhood grab and go. Student clubs and special interest groups are required to ask for RSVPs for all their events and ask students if they have any dietary needs, e.g., Kosher, Gluten free, vegetarian. If planners order from an outside vendor, they must pay for the meals out of pocket and be reimbursed from the appropriate club budget. Receipts for reimbursement can be submitted using this form.
Step 3: Alcohol
Einstein is considered a “dry campus;” clubs and interest groups are not permitted to serve alcohol at their events. On occasion, with the approval of the Office of Student Activities , alcohol may be served. If a request for alcohol is approved, planners will be required to review and sign the applicable alcohol policy form at least 2 weeks before the event.
Once you've read and completed the Drug and Alcohol Policy please submit to the Office of Student Activities.
Please note that serving alcohol to minors for approved events is a violation of Einstein’s Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Step 4: Student Calendar
Next step is to post the event on the student activities calendar with 5 days’ advance notice before the event and wait for approval. If it is not posted on the student activities calendar, planners will not be reimbursed the event. Planners cannot host an event that overlaps with another student club event during the date and time.
Step 5: Flyer Policy
If you wish to have a flyer, use the following rules for creating and getting flyers approved:
- All flyers must have appropriate Einstein logo on it.
- At the bottom of the flyer there must be a date that states when to remove post by.
- All flyers must have name and email address of the contact person for the event.
- The location listed on the flyer must use the correct and appropriate name.
- All student club and interest group flyers have to be approved by the Office of Student Activities before taking it to security. If proper approval is not obtained it will not go up.
- Please bring one copy of the flyer for approval before printing more copies.
Step 6: Guests
Guests at events are allowed provided they are approved guests.
Step 7: Event Etiquette
Planners must clean up after the event and treat the campus space respectfully.
Step 8: Reimbursements
For reimbursements please use our Concur reimbursement system. If this is your first time placing a reimbursement request please visit the concur reimbursement flowchart for detailed information about how to do the reimbursements.
Note that a legible, detailed itemized receipt indicating the place of purchase should be scanned and submitted along with an official flyer or email for your event. Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of the event. Requests submitted after this 30-day window will not be reimbursed. No Exceptions.
For questions, contact Jessica Lucas at email@example.com or 718.430.2101.